- 2 vanilla beans
- 15g cinnamon
- 5g allspice
- 5g cloves
- 5g red peppercorns
- 5g star anise
- 5g cardamon
Liquid to be Added:
- 400ml simple syrup or any preferred syrup
- To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Arrange spices in the Porthole cavity.
- Close the Porthole and check for a good seal.
- Transfer syrup into the assembled Porthole through the spout.
- Infuse for an hour and up to several days. If infusing longer than one week, refrigerate to extend shelf life. For faster infusion, double the amount of each spice.
- Pour into coffee or black tea.
- Pour over pancakes, waffles and yogurt.
- Add to French Toast egg mixture.
- Experiment with mixed cocktails.
- Tweak the recipe to your taste and report back your favorite choices!